Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Ronettes - Be My Baby - live [HQ]

music video: BE MY BABY - The Ronettes
- live at tv show Shindig! , aired on US tv: 11 August 1965
Songwriters: Ellie Greenwich (✝, 68 yrs) and Jeff Barry
Lead singer: Veronica Bennett (later known as Ronnie Spector) Born: August 10, 1943, New York City. Backing vocals: Ronnie Spector-Bennett, Nedra Talley, born January 27, 1946 in New York City, Estelle Bennett born: July 22, 1941, New York City - († Feb. 11, 2009, Englewood - New Jersey)
Supporting backing vocals: Ellie Greenwich (✝26 Aug. 2009) , Nino Tempo, Bobby Sheen (✝), Sonny Bono (✝) , Cher, Darlene Love, Fanita James, and Gracia May-Nitzsche

Band: The Wrecking Crew with Hal Blaine on drums with his famous intro. That famous drum intro was an accident. Hal Blaine said: "I was supposed to play the snare on the second beat as well as the fourth, but I dropped a stick. Being the faker I was in those days, I left the mistake in and it became: “Bum-ba-bum-BOOM!” And soon everyone wanted that beat.

No less an authority than Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys has declared 'Be My Baby' the greatest pop record ever made.The song drove Brian Wilson mad with envy.
Wilson says it is his favorite record, stating in Q Magazine's 1001 Best songs Ever: "This is a special one for me. What a great sound, the Wall of Sound. Boy, first heard this on the car radio and I had to pull off the road, I couldn't believe it. The choruses blew me away; the strings are the melody of love. It has the promise to make the world better."

No comments:

Post a Comment